Learn Marathi ~ A quick Guide

Learn Marathi ~ A quick Guide
While learning any language takes more than an age for human being, we all need to pick up on the basics of the language of the natives to get the best cooperation and hence most comfort when on tour. Here is an attempt to translate few of the frequently used marathi words..a 10 minute dictionary for you.
HelloNamaskaar
WelcomeSwaagat (formal) / Yaa (informal)
How are you?Kasey aahat?
FineBara ahey (men) / Bari ahey(women)
Glad to meet youTumhala bhetun aanand zhaala
What is your name?Aaple naav kaay?
I'm JohnMee John
Come inAat yaa
Sit downBasaa
StopThambaa
Go forwardPudhey Jaa
Go backMaagey Jaa
Go straightSaral Zaa
I want to get down hereMala ikdey utraiche ahey
Next stopPudhcha stop
ListenAika
PleaseKrupa karoon
Thank youDhanyavaad
GoodbyeNirop gheto
I wantMala havay
Can you help me please?Krupa karun mala madat kartaa kaa
I agreeMee sahmat ahey
I disagreeMee sahmat nahee
GoodChangla / Chhaan
CongratulationsAbhinandan
I request (you)Mee vinanti karto / karte
Thanks a lotAnek dhanyavaad
Excuse me/sorryMalaa maaf kara
I apologizeMee chuklo
Let's goChala Jaauya
How much Will it cost?Hyachi kimmat kaay ahey
Is this water good for drinking?Hey pyayche paani ahey kaa
Can I make a phone call from here?Mee ek phone karu shakte kaa
Where can I hire a taxi?Mala taxi kothe milel
Where does this road go?Haa rasta kothe jaato
Don't speak so fastItkya vegaat bolu nakaa
When do you go back?Apan kevhaa paratjanar
Come back againParat yaa
ZeroShunya
OneEk
TwoDon
ThreeTeen
FourChar
FivePaach
SixSaha
SevenSaat
EightAath
NineNau
TenDaha

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts